The island tour is a fascinating excursion, which covers practically all the main sites in Samos, an island of legend and beauty. Birthplace of Pythagoras and home of the beautiful goddes Hera, Samos stands apart from the island of the blue Aegean for its unique majesty,cultural traditions and picturesque charm. The people of Samos are considered to be very friendly and open hearted. The warm hospitality a visitor gets is also something to be admired. Samos is an historic island as well as a verdant one, well known for its vegetation and plant life. The island tour gives the opportunity to enjoy Samos thoroughly, whether it concerns archaeological sites, mountains, beaches, villages or other places of interest.
1) Stop at the Hera temple (the entrance is included in the rate but we don’t offer guiding inside the site).
2) Visit and quiding of the Monastery of Megali Panagia.
3) Stop in the village of Pirgos for a short walk.
4) Optional stop in the area of Koutsi, an ideal place where you can take panoramic photographs.
5) Stop in Karlovasi (at a Pottery) and have a chance to view some local ceramics (or alternatively in Pirgos area).
6) Visit wine factory and taste of the famous Samos wines (not included for island tour on Sundays). Lunch in Karlovasi or Potami area (not included in the rate).
7) Stop in Platanakia for short walk though the village. Note that the tour may be operated on two languages simultaneously (for example Dutch-German) in case of low participation.